Sunday, July 6, 2008

The miming accident


So, the other day, we are at Jack in the Box eating our free tacos (promo where you bring in your gas receipt and get two, withered, soggy, mostly lettuce filled tacos) and Trey wants to have an annoying song sing-off. What else is new. He has a giant head start and was clearly going to win as the the kid three booths away plugged his ears and the cashier, clearly fatigued to the point of exhaustion by making free tacos all day, glared at us. I recently began teaching Gymboree play classes, so I thought I might have a chance to take him this time... Trey takes a pause from singing the "doomie song" from "Gir" (don't ask) to inform me that there is no way I will win because he has the advantage of having "lost his dignity" already. "Oh really", I hesitantly query. "And just how did you lose your dignity?" (I was pretty sure mine had just taken a sabbatical, since I was sitting at Jack in the Box eating FREE TACOS!!!). "Oh", he immediately chirps, "I lost it in a miming accident." As I choked on my free taco, I realize that, yes, now that I think of it, miming accidents must surely be one of the leading causes of dignity loss, especially in France... You just never think it will happen to someone you love...

1 comment:

Latessa said...

I almost peed my pants laughing so hard!! You have a great family.