Sunday, August 3, 2008

Promises


So, it finally happened. My son, the one who still loves for me to lie down in bed with him, the one who gives me unsolicited hugs and kisses and still snuggles with me on the couch while we watch "Deadliest Catch"... refused to kiss OR hug me in front of the other kids when we were dropping him off for camp. This wasn't just day camp either, this was a 10 day overnighter 5 hours away from home and I needed me some Treybie luvins and I got the side-hug, brush-off. I guess I wasn't realistically surprised, I knew this day would probably come eventually, but it was heartbreaking all the same.

When he was 3, he promised me he would remain 3. Again at 4, the same promise. Yet, here he is, 9 1/2. Little liar. That's OK. He promised the other night that when he grows up, he will get married and move in right next door to us and come visit me from "12-4 every day." His wife is just going to LOVE me.

3 comments:

TAFTY5 said...

Ahhhh! Im so sorry Margie! At least you got a "courtesy"hug!

Him wanting to live next door to you reminds me of "Everyone Loves Raymond"!

Don't worry....I the wife won't have time to hate you as she will be working while he is visiting you from 12-4pm!! HAHAHA!:0)

Becca said...

You are right, you aren't on my "peeps" list. That is really rude of me. It was good to see you last week. I am glad that you are really blogging now. I look forward to seeing your family more frequently.

Matt Haroldsen said...

Can I just say that you are a very entertaining writer... I didn't know that you guys had a blog and just found you on Kat's...

Your ability to draw a fun picture in ones imagination as they read your blog post is amazing...Love reading your stories!!

Happy to be in touch!