Saturday, September 20, 2008

Future husband of the year



So have you met my son, Trey? Let me introduce you, he is the one over there at the school book fair , holding his little sisters hand (without coercion)and reading her a story to cheer her up because some meanie (me) wouldn't buy her a $4 pointy finger on a stick instead of a book.

Future husband of the year? Highly likely. Brother of the year? Most certainly.

Yesterday at Target while perusing the Halloween costumes, Logan (6yo little sister) announces that she no longer wants to dress up as an Ipod shuffle (good- cuz, they don't sell those costumes at Target, and now I won't be up until 4am Oct 31st with hot glue gun scars up and down my arms...), but rather, a witch. I asked her whether she wanted to be a beautiful or a scary witch. She answered, "Beautiful", to which Trey immediately replied, "No, be a scary witch, you're always beautiful!" Wow. Another mother in the aisle, hearing this exchange, picked her jaw up off the floor, wiped away a tear and said, "did he really just say that?". He sure did, and you know what? It is par for the course. I kid you not.

Even when he was littler, whenever he hurt himself and I would say, "I'm so sorry", he would reply, "It's not your fault!" Or now, whenever he hears me yelp from stubbing my toe on a Nerf gun, or stepping barefoot on a lego, he immediately drops what he is doing to see if I am OK. If there's a problem, YO, he'll solve it. He is helpful, loving and dang cute. What can I say? I don't just love this kid because I'm his mom... I like him- a lot.

So, yes, this is also the same brother who hid a remote control whoopie cushion under Lindsey's (11yo older sister) drum set so that it would loudly erupt just as she sat down with her kinda cute, college age drum teacher and the same brother who routinely terrorizes said same sister and best friend with showers of Nerf darts, but on the whole, especially when it comes to Logan, it is a wonder to behold.

So, future, potential daughters-in-law, I will have my eye on you... I'm not letting this little dude go so easily, even though, he'll be a big dude by then and I'll have no say what-so-ever... still.

3 comments:

steenky bee said...

Aw, what a little gentleman. I love it. My son just pulls the girl's hair. He may be one to watch out for. I love that pic of him. He's adorable.

Captain Dumbass said...

I'd like to say my kids are that nice to each other. I'd like to.

Thanks for your comments on kindergarten. We've been having a terrible time trying to teach our oldest and I'm starting to wonder just how much he's supposed to know right now and whether or not we're just making things worse.

TAFTY5 said...

There is just something about a mother and her son! He is such a sweet boy Margie!
Having witnessed him comfort her at the bookfair...it wasn't just what he said but how he said it while giving her a little pat on the head! He's a good boy!:0)