Monday, October 13, 2008

We're probably not going to take it, thank you anyway.


So no- I didn't write this, it is from The Onion- but I thought it was funny and might make up for how long it is taking me to do my meme and picture tag!

Twisted Sister was one of the first albums I owned. The cover with Dee Snyder gnawing on a bone just felt so dangerous and wrong that I know it had to be good! I recently downloaded loaded a few of their songs onto Lindsey's Ipod without asking her (and a bunch of Aerosmith, some Beastie Boyz & Joan Jett- you know- classics!)- cuz- she doesn't know what she likes yet... it's up to me to teach her- right? I had to do something to counterbalance the Jonas Brothers and High School Musical tracks.

Members Of Twisted Sister Now Willing To Take It

September 29, 2008 Issue 44•40

NEW YORK—In a stunning reversal of their long-stated reluctance to take it, members of heavy-metal band Twisted Sister announced Monday that, after 24 years of fervent refusal, they are now willing to take it. "I acknowledge that we promised not to take it anymore, but things change. The world is a different place today, and with that in mind, we would like to go on record as saying that, starting right now, we are going to take it," read a statement released by the band's lead singer, Dee Snider. "To clarify, we would still prefer not to take it, but as of now, taking it is an option that we would be open to. That is all." Bassist Mark "the Animal" Mendoza also stated that, in regards to what he wants to do with his life, he no longer solely wants to rock, but would instead prefer doing other things, such as raising a family and working as a claims adjuster in Rye, NY.

15 comments:

steenky bee said...

OH GIRLFRIEND! YOU DO NOT HAVE A PICTURE OF TWISTED SISTER'S OWN DEE SNIDER ON YOUR SITE. YES, I REALIZE I AM YELLING, BUT TWISTED SISTER CALLS FOR SOME SHOUTING. I will go back and read this. But do you know how much I love you now? I didn't think it was possible that my love for you could grow any more than it already has. DEE SNIDER!!

steenky bee said...

I don't know how to spell Mr. Snyder's name. I am an idiot. I got all excited though. I'm glad they're now willing to take it. They've grown up a little bit, it seems.

Dee Snyder Fun Facts: Did you know he wrote a Celine Dion Christmas Song? Also? For some time he was the intro voice on MSNBC. How is it that I know Twisted Sister facts? I have no clue. But I do. I pink puffy heart that you posted this!

Skunkfeathers said...

Oh horsefeathers...I thought I read Twister Sisters here at first (a storm chase duo out of the upper Midwest). My bad ;)

steenky bee said...

People! Are you totally missing the Dee Snyder over here? Notice how I learned to spell his name finally? Can I just say that I'm honored and proud that you took your first step into twitter? I know I left you hangin' today. I didn't tweet at all. I think I may have tweeted thrice. But two of them were at you. Another one was about birds and old people. See? See what you've been missing? My thoughts on birds and old people. You're life will never be so unproductive now.

DeeMarie said...

I just reread this and so laughed!! I love that they have gracefully stepped back and decided to go ahead and take it. Very mature and modern, in my book.
Welcome to Twitter-land!!

Manama mama said...

Ha Ha Ha! Loved it, e-mailed it to the hubby!

steenky bee said...

Um, hi. Where you at girl? Blink once if you're okay, twice if you need me to come and get you.

The Stiletto Mom said...

First of all, where are you? I'm coming with Steenky if you need help.
Secondly, I fear Dee Snyder has recruited you for some strange glam rock project.
Please clear all of this up for us. Like now.
Love ya, mean it.

steenky bee said...

Um, hi. Miss you.

TAFTY5 said...

Ummmmmm
Margie, Have you given up on this whole bloggin thing??!!!

HeatherPride said...

Hi! Word is that Jen the Steenky Bee think's you're the bees knees so I figured I better stop on by! And then I realized that we both have Logans and we both call them Logey Pogey and that's just....well, weird. Nice meeting you!

TAFTY5 said...

That's it Margie.........
Im going to have to take you off my favorites list if you don't post something soon!:0)

I miss reading your posts!

Amy said...

Hee hee. That's pretty funny.

Kat Rose said...

Margie- Call me @ 770-463-3225. The girls are getting together, I would love it if you could come.

Anonymous said...

This is funny stuff.

I love the onion.

I think I'm taking a lot more things then I used to as well. Maybe motherhood has worn me down.